Cybercriminals continue to infiltrate payment card systems to obtain cardholder data. Despite the rigorous compliance requirements set out by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), merchants and vendors find themselves prime targets for data breaches. To protect against these costly breaches, companies need to understand the way the Dark Web creates Cybercrime-as-a-Service, how cybercriminals sell information, and what tools are available.
Key benefits highlighted by the report include:
- Sources of Compromised Data
- Sales of Credentials
- Economics of the Dark Web
- Tools of the Dark Web & its Ecosystem
- Government Responses to Carding Activity
- Impact of Financial Fraud to Various Industries