6 Ways To Use SecurityScorecard APIs and Integrations
Optimize your security workflows and deliver intelligence everywhere you work with the largest ecosystem of integrated technology partners in cyber risk ratings. SecurityScorecard provides Application Programming Interface (API) access for all our data allowing you to get more contextual security insights, app integrations, and detailed information about your current or prospective vendors.
You can leverage our APIs and Integrations in the following ways:
- Enterprise Cyber Risk Management: Continuously monitor your own cybersecurity posture and identify potentially unknown digital assets.
- Third-Party Risk Management: Identity which vendors, partners, and suppliers have poor cybersecurity and could potentially introduce risk into your environment.
- Workflow Management: Integrate SecurityScorecard data with your current workflow processes to automate and resolve tickets efficiently.
- Cyber Insurance: Utilize SecurityScorecard Ratings during risk modeling for cyber underwriting.
- Compliance: Continuously track adherence and detect potential gaps with current security mandates.
- Attack Surface Management: Use Attack Surface Intelligence (ASI) to gain a contextualized view of your global attack surface, discover your digital footprint, that of your vendors, and dig deeper with attack surface intelligence such as threat actors, CVEs, ransomware families, and more.
SecurityScorecard’s best-in-class API functionalities
SecurityScorecard users can access API on securityscorecard.readme.io. After inserting the domain and your API token, you can generate the basic company details and Scorecard summary, including the grade and exact score.
You can then go into deeper detail by looking at the company’s identified issues, issue counts, and scores across the ten different risk factors. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg of the total amount of data you can pull from a single search.
If you keep scrolling through, you’ll see additional fields such as “historical findings,” “events,” “compliance,” and “reports,” which will give you a comprehensive, historical view of the organization’s security posture. You can also access information on your digital supply chain, including your third and fourth parties and the products they use, to better understand, investigate, and scale your third-party ecosystem.
SecurityScorecard’s API user interface
The generated code can be easily converted between different programming languages, including Shell, Ruby, Python, PHP, and others. You can then copy the code into your coding tool to craft your own script. Alternatively, you can use any existing apps from our marketplace to do the integration, which we discuss below.
This short video will give you an even better understanding of our API functionalities:
SecurityScorecard’s vendor integrations combine powerful solutions with actionable insights
SecurityScorecard is integrated with many popular security vendors, including CrowdStrike, Archer, OneTrust, ProcessUnity, and ServiceNow. You can find these published apps on the SecurityScorecard Marketplace.
With over 100 certified partner integrations, customers can access the largest ecosystem of cyber risk ratings. The powerful solutions of our partners, combined with SecurityScorecard’s actionable data, will enrich your security insights with new signals and help you automate workflows for faster action.