New York, NY, October 2, 2018 – SecurityScorecard, the leader in security ratings, today announced the addition of the SecurityScorecard application for Vendor Risk Management to the ServiceNow Store. Certification by ServiceNow is only granted to apps available in the Store and signifies that SecurityScorecard for Vendor Risk Management has successfully completed a set of defined tests focused on security, compatibility, performance, and integration interoperability.
“ServiceNow Vendor Risk Management and SecurityScorecard customers can now reap the benefits of SecurityScorecard’s security ratings to better prioritize and automate actions for vendors that may need deeper reviews based on their security risk posture,” said Odin Olson, senior director of security business development at ServiceNow.
The SecurityScorecard application enables vendor risk managers to:
- Assess Vendor Cybersecurity Posture: View the overall grade and the 10 factor grades of data that comprise a vendor’s SecurityScorecard rating along with the number of findings associated with each factor.
- Prioritize Vendors for Review: Use SecurityScorecard ratings to determine which vendors to prioritize for deeper reviews based on their cybersecurity risk posture.
- Establish Required Minimum Scores: Determine baseline SecurityScorecard grades for vendors and then leverage continuous monitoring to ensure vendors stay on track.
- Remediate Issues: Use submission rules in Vendor Risk Management to automate the process of sending out an assessment when vendor grades fall below minimum grade requirements.
- Validate Assessments: Validate or invalidate assessment responses from vendors by leveraging data from SecurityScorecard.
- Engage Vendors: Invite vendors to join SecurityScorecard for free so that they can improve scores by acting on issue-level remediation guidance.
“As the first security ratings vendor to offer a vendor risk management application through the ServiceNow Store, SecurityScorecard is expanding its reach by providing ServiceNow customers direct access to assess vendor cyber health,” said Aleksandr Yampolskiy,
CEO and Founder, SecurityScorecard. “Through the ability to better identify critical vendors and react quickly to changes in vendor security performance, ServiceNow customers will increase their visibility into vendor risk and decrease their overall risk exposure.”
SecurityScorecard continually monitors more than 200,000 businesses across the world and rates them on an easy-to-understand A-F scale. Companies with a C, D, or F rating are 5.4 times more likely to be breached than companies with an A or B rating.
Download the SecurityScorecard app from the ServiceNow Store and start your free trial subscription to SecurityScorecard today!
Headquartered in the heart of New York City, SecurityScorecard’s vision is to create a new language for measuring and communicating security risk. The company was founded in late 2013 by Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, two former cybersecurity practitioners who had served, respectively, as Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Security and Compliance. With cloud solutions becoming an increasingly integral part of the security technology stack Yampolskiy and Kassoumeh recognized the need to address third- and fourth-party risk as well as better understand the security capabilities of their business partners. Since its founding, the company has grown dramatically and now counts hundreds of leading brands as customers. SecurityScorecard is backed by leading venture capital investors including Sequoia Capital, GV, NGP Capital, Evolution Equity Partners, Boldstart Ventures, AXA Venture Partners among others. For more information, visit securityscorecard.com.