SecurityScorecard Now Fastest Growing Security Ratings Company
NEW YORK – January 22, 2018 – SecurityScorecard, the leader in security ratings, is celebrating a record 2017 with global sales growth over 110 percent, doubled customer count, and twice as many rated companies in their proprietary database compared to the competition. Some of the best-known brands in the world are turning to SecurityScorecard to effectively manage risk across their entire ecosystem, including in their third- and fourth-party vendors as well as their own IT infrastructure. Security ratings are rapidly being adopted by mainstream buyers. The company is ramping up for continued massive growth in 2018 by expanding its geographic footprint, partnerships, and employee headcount.
According to Gartner, “Over the next six years, these services will become a mandatory precondition for a growing number of business relationships and part of the standard of due care for providers and procurers of services. These cybersecurity scores will impact the degree to which other companies engage in high-value business with the organization. These scores will have an impact on cost/availability of cyber insurance.”*
"The numbers speak for themselves," said Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy, CEO and cofounder of SecurityScorecard. "We believe our customers and the market validate our leadership position, and we feel this is reflected in the fact that we are the fastest growing major security ratings provider. We continue to win major new customers, which in many cases, were dissatisfied with their incumbent security ratings vendor, because we have superior technology, our approach is collaborative, and our customer service is second to none."
Demand for SecurityScorecard’s Security Ratings Service Drives Growth
- Triple-digit YoY revenue growth fueled by market demand for the SecurityScorecard platform
- Over 100 percent YoY growth in new customers, SecurityScorecard counts some of the best-known brands in the world as customers
- Business through value-added resellers grew by over 400 percent YoY and the number of new regional, national, and international channel partners grew by 175 percent YoY
- Alliance partners grew by 366 percent YoY
- Key executive hires include, Trent Blanchard, Vice President, People & Culture, Fouad Khalil, Head of Compliance, and Samphel Norden, Vice President, Engineering
“Now more than ever, businesses recognize the need to manage risk in their third and fourth parties,“ said Sam Kassoumeh, COO and co-founder. “We continue to see tremendous growth in the vendor risk management use case, but we are also seeing use cases including cyber insurance, mergers and acquisitions, and through strategic alliances. Over the next few years, security ratings will become as ubiquitous as credit scores and will be used by enterprises to make decisions about who to do business with.”
New Capabilities Separate SecurityScorecard from the Competition
- A new comparison tool that enables customers to quickly assess the security posture of their vendors and benchmark their own security posture against industry peers
- Custom alerts that deliver more granular control over changes to overall security ratings and factor-level changes across your portfolio
- API Connectors enabling integrations into the platform across four levels of data including security ratings, factor grades, issues, and attribution
- A Security Analyst Module that exclusively monitors and alerts customers of breaches and emerging threats, such as "WannaCry", throughout a vendor's ecosystem
A Recognized Thought Leader
- Featured in hundreds of major media including CNBC, CNN, CBS News, Politico, the Wall Street Journal, and many more
- Published ground breaking reports on the cybersecurity capabilities of the retail, government, and financial sectors and on the cybersecurity issues associated with IoT devices
*Gartner “Predicts 2018: Security and Risk Management Programs” by Rob McMillan, Jeffrey Wheatman, Richard Hunter, Mark Thomas Jaggers, Sam Olyaei, Jay Heiser, Jeremy D’Hoinne, November 16, 2017.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Headquartered in the heart of New York City, SecurityScorecard’s vision is to create a new language for measuring and communication security risk. The company was founded in late 2013 by Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, two former cybersecurity practitioners who had served, respectively, as Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Security and Compliance. With cloud solutions becoming an increasingly integral part of the security technology stack, Yampolskiy and Kassoumeh recognized the need to address third- and fourth-party risk as well as better understand the security capabilities of their business partners. Since its founding, the company has grown dramatically and now counts hundreds of leading brands as customers. SecurityScorecard is backed by leading venture capital investors including Sequoia Capital, GV, and Nokia Growth Partners among others. For more information, visit www.securityscorecard.com.