SecurityScorecard Automates Security Ratings and Surveys Across an Organization’s Ecosystem to Map Entire Digital Footprint, Generates Custom Reports, and Integrates with Security Stack
New York – June 2, 2021 – SecurityScorecard, the global leader in security ratings, announced today it has launched a series of product capabilities updates to advance cloud-scale security ratings for every digital footprint on the planet. As part of its Spring 2021 product rollout, one of the new capabilities includes SecurityScorecard Sentinel, a one-of-a-kind scanning engine that continuously monitors the global IP address space to enable SecurityScorecard to rate any organization on-demand.
Over the last year, cyber threats have increasingly escalated in both number and scale. In fact, between January and April of 2020, McAfee reported that attacks on cloud services increased 630% and IBM reported it can take 280 days to identify and contain a breach. It is critical for businesses to address the growing cybersecurity risk demands, especially among third and fourth parties in their ecosystems. With the new features launched, SecurityScorecard delivers the cloud-scale security ratings platform businesses need to navigate third-party risk management. A roundup of the launch includes:
- SecurityScorecard Sentinel, a next-generation scanning engine that powers SecurityScorecard’s on-demand ratings and enables businesses to get actionable information faster and manage threats more quickly.
- SecurityScorecard’s Digital Footprint updates give businesses a current view of an organization’s entire digital presence and the ability to sort, filter, or prioritize specific IP’s that most significantly impact ratings. Clear attribution detail helps users understand why an asset is included in your footprint, to quickly refute if necessary.
- SecurityScorecard’s FastScore capabilities leverage the power of the SecurityScorecard Sentinel engine, delivering immediate ratings insights to aid decision making. This kind of speed is essential in use cases including M&A due diligence, assigning risk for cyber insurance, and more.
- SecurityScorecard Evidence Locker acts as a single source for TPRM (third party risk management) documentation, allowing teams to automatically populate vendor and compliance questionnaires with stored data by exchanging this information between SecurityScorecard’s questionnaire platform, Atlas, and its Ratings platform. This significantly cuts down the time spent on assessments.
- Security teams need to be able to “double-click” into different areas of the organization to compare risk factors and exposure. Company Hierarchy makes that navigation easy, enabling companies to see that specific brand or branch of the business.
- The SecurityScorecard Integrate360° Marketplace is the first security ratings integration ecosystem for automating workflows and integrating third-party signals with an organization’s security stack. It’s filled with purpose-built apps designed to boost team efficiency, automate workflows and manage an entire vendor ecosystem
- Updates to Custom Scorecard capabilities help VRMs (vendor risk managers) focus on the business unit they work with while seeing the bigger picture of a vendor’s security posture.
- Board Reporting provides real-time executive-level reporting and trends for an organization’s digital ecosystem, packaged for delivery in minutes.
“SecurityScorecard is proud to continue innovating; our next generation of security signals engine accelerates threat response, scales security teams TPRM capabilities to help both cybersecurity and business leaders better manage risk in their organization and across their ecosystem,” said Sam Kassoumeh, COO and co-founder of SecurityScorecard. “By continuing to surface new signals in our platform, we enable businesses to see risk, solve problems, and report results with 360-degree visibility.”
With the ability to continuously monitor and scan billions of signals every week, SecurityScorecard is the global industry leader in security ratings. SecurityScorecard collects and analyzes global threat signals that allow organizations to have instant visibility into the security posture of vendors and business partners as well as the capability to do a self-assessment of their own security posture. The technology continuously monitors 10 groups of risk factors to instantly deliver an easy-to-understand A-F rating.
To learn more about the Spring 2021 Release, visit https://securityscorecard.com/hub/releases/spring-2021. Please register for our webinar Advancing Third-Party Risk Management with SecurityScorecard to be presented on June 23rd.
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings with more than 5 million companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts, Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors. Every company has the universal right to their trusted and transparent Instant SecurityScorecard rating. For more information, visit securityscorecard.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.